|Starts in:||49 Days 21 hours 57 mins|
|Bidding Opens:||Mon Oct 9, 2017 08:00 AM|
|Bidding Closes:||Sat Oct 14, 2017 06:30 PM|
|Currency:||USD (United States Dollars)|
Questions regarding this auction or the items in the auction? Log in with your account to contact the auction's administrator.
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Welcome To The Auction!
The Washington Society of the Sons of the American Revolution is pleased to present its first Online Auction to support our hosting of the 2021 National Congress of the Sons of the American Revolution.
What Washington lacks in Revolutionary War battle sites, it more than makes up for in its pristine natural resources, vibrant communities, cultural icons and historic landmarks. A region as diverse in its geography and technology as it is in its world class dining and shopping opportunities, Washingtonians enjoy an extraordinary quality of life that reflects in the spirit of its people.
In his letter to Meriwether Lewis, President Thomas Jefferson wrote:
“The object of your mission is to explore the Missouri River, and such principal streams of it, as, by its course and communication with the waters of the Pacific Ocean, whether the Columbia, Oregon, Colorado, or any other river, may offer the most direct and practicable water-communication across the continent, for the purposes of commerce.”
Knowing the importance that the whole of this continent plays to each of its parts, President Jefferson commissioned Captain Lewis to explore the farthest corners of our land. In that same spirit, the Washington Society of the Sons of the American Revolution now invites you to join us in Seattle for the 2021 National Congress, and to “Discover the Northwest: History, Industry, Beauty, Adventure”.
As you participate in this Online Auction, you may do so knowing that all of the proceeds will be used to make the 2021 National Congress a memorable once in a lifetime not-to-be-missed experience.
Winning Bidder Payment Information
Winning bidders will be contacted at the end of the auction to make arrangements for payment and pickup/delivery of their items.
Payment Types Accepted:
- Cash (In person only please)
- Check (Please make payable to "WASSAR - 2021 National Congress Account")
- Online payment via PayPal. A PayPal account is not required. Major credit cards are accepted.
Cash and check payments can be made at:
Lucas & Lucas, P.S.
ATTN: Gregory D. Lucas
919 124th Avenue NE, #101
Bellevue, Washington 98005
Winning Bidder Item Pickup/Delivery:
Winning Bidders can make arrangements with Lucas & Lucas, P.S. to have their items shipped to them pursuant to the Terms and Conditions set forth below.
Note: Shipping may require an additional fee. Contact the Auction's Administrator for details prior to placing bids or making payment.
WASSAR ONLINE AUCTION
Terms and Conditions
You must be at least 21 years of age to participate. All purchases are final and all bids are nonretractable and nonrefundable.
- Every attempt has been made to describe all property as accurately as possible. However WASSAR does not warrant or represent, and denies responsibility for the accuracy of the descriptions, encompassing but not limited to vintage, provenance, authenticity, quality and condition as may be stated on this website. Any and all statements made relating to the property offered on the site are merely statements of opinion and at no time can be construed as warranties and representations of fact nor assumptions of any liability on the part of WASSAR.
- Buyer accepts all purchases “as is, with all faults accepted”. Notwithstanding any other terms of these Terms and Conditions, should WASSAR receive any written claims within 21 calendar days of the auction that any property is with a shortage, or otherwise out of condition, or that any statement in the web site is without basis, then WASSAR will judge such claims through inspection of the property or by any other just means, and may in its sole and exclusive discretion refund the purchase price. At all times the decision of WASSAR will be final and binding on all parties.
- The term “final bid” as used herein shall refer to the price at which any auction lot is knocked down to Buyer. The final purchase price due from Buyer shall be the aggregate of the final winning bid amount, plus any and all applicable sales or use taxes, plus shipping, handling, storage and insurance expenses (cumulatively referred to herein as “Final Purchase Price”). The Final Purchase Price, including delivery, of auction items will be automatically charged to your account unless another payment method has been negotiated with and agreed upon by WASSAR before the start of the auction. Title to the property will not pass from Seller to Buyer until full payment is received by WASSAR. No property will be released to Buyer until WASSAR receives the Final Purchase Price as described above, including without limitation, any and all applicable storage, shipping and insurance charges.
All WASSAR auctions are conducted in U.S. Dollars. The WASSAR account or payment method of each winning bidder will be charged in U.S. Dollars for the Final Purchase Price as described above. The actual amount to be paid in your home currency will be determined by the exchange rate used by your payment method when you are actually charged.
Buyers Outside of the U.S. Please Note: WASSAR reserves the right to require payment by wire transfer for the Final Purchase Price prior to shipping.
4. The highest acceptable bid received prior to the end of the auction date and time shall be from Buyer, who will assume full risk of loss and responsibility for the lot.
5. Bids submitted to WASSAR are processed and executed as a service and convenience to bidders. Neither WASSAR nor its staff shall be responsible for any failure to execute such bids or any error relating to the same.
6. Should any Buyer fail to fully comply with these Terms and Conditions, WASSAR may hold Buyer liable for the Final Purchase Price or resell the property after reasonable notice is given to Buyer. Any deficiencies attending the resale of property shall be the liability of the defaulting Buyer, along with any and all storage and/or legal fees and any other expenses or damages incurred by WASSAR. In the event of non-payment by Buyer, or non-compliance by Buyer with these Terms and Conditions, WASSAR reserves the right to take any and all appropriate or necessary actions including, without limitation, canceling or rescinding the transaction, reporting the defaulting Buyer to an appropriate credit reporting agency, charging Buyer’s payment method for WASSAR’s fees and expenses incurred in connection with the non-compliance (including the costs of the transaction itself), turning any amounts due and owing over to a commercial collection agency and/or taking any other action permitted by law. In no event shall WASSAR be liable for any incidental or consequential damages to Buyer.
7. Shipping: All items will be shipped to Buyer upon collection of the Final Purchase Price, including without limitation, pre-paid shipping charges. All lots are delivered by Seller's preferred method of shipping. Buyer shall assume full responsibility for shipping expenses. This includes shipping costs, packing and handling, and insurance.
SHIPPING SHALL BE: FOB SHIPPING POINT/ORIGIN (BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON), FREIGHT PREPAID AND CHARGED BACK.
Buyer is responsible for any and all duties and customs charges incurred in shipping purchases from the U.S. to Buyer's desired shipping address. To the extent that WASSAR provides estimates of shipping charges, these should be treated as ESTIMATES ONLY. Buyer is responsible for the actual charges incurred.
Buyer shall become the owner of Buyer’s purchased items upon payment in full, in good and collected funds, of the Final Purchase Price as described above. However, WASSAR will not reimburse Buyer for lost or damaged shipments. WASSAR will take all precautions to package the purchased goods according to industry standards to minimize the possibility of damage. WASSAR will use only reputable carriers who will safeguard the shipment appropriately given the nature of the purchased goods. WASSAR shall not compensate Buyer for any loss or damage due to exposure to temperature variations, shipping delays, or losses of any and/or every other possible description.
The primary means of distribution will be common carrier. Buyer assumes all liability for the shipment and will not hold WASSAR responsible.
By participating in this online auction, Buyer authorizes WASSAR to act on their behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver online to the location Buyer specifies. By placing bids in this auction, Buyer acknowledges, warrants and represents that he/she/they are at least 21 years old, and that the person to whom Buyer's purchased goods will be delivered is also at least 21 years old.
Under no circumstances shall an adjustment of price or credit be made after delivery.
8. Storage Terms and Fees:
WASSAR will store purchased online without charge for no more than fourteen (14) days after the purchase date. If purchased items during the online auction have not been picked up by or shipped to Buyer within 14 days after the purchase date, including without limitation because Buyer has failed to pick up or arrange for shipping, or Buyer’s payment method on file cannot be charged for shipping, or Buyer has failed to pay the Final Purchase Price in full, in good and collected funds, storage fees will begin to accrue at the rate of Five ($5.00) Dollars per day thereafter.
WASSAR reserves the right to claim a lien for all lawful charges for storage of Buyer’s purchased items, as well as interest, insurance, shipping and/or transportation, all applicable taxes, storage fees, and other charges and expenses in relation to such goods. WASSAR reserves the right to exercise its lien rights under the terms of any applicable law and/or agreement between Buyer and WASSAR, including without limitation under these Terms and Conditions. At any time after purchase, WASSAR may, upon written notice to Buyer and any other person known to claim an interest in such goods, require the removal of any purchased goods, upon payment of the Final Purchase Price and all charges attributable to such goods, within a stated period, not less than 30 days after such notice. If Buyer does not timely comply with WASSAR’s request, WASSAR may sell Buyer’s purchased goods in accordance with applicable law and shall be entitled to exercise all other rights it has under the law with respect to such goods. Provided, however, if WASSAR believes, in good faith, that the purchased goods are about to deteriorate or decline in value to less than the amount of WASSAR’s lien in a shorter period than 30 days, WASSAR may specify in the notification any reasonable time, less than 30 days after such notice, for removal of the purchased goods and in case such goods are not removed, may sell them at public sale held one week after a single advertisement or posting as provided by law. WASSAR may satisfy its lien from the proceeds of any sale or disposition as permitted by applicable law.
Goods in WASSAR’s possession that do not sell in the online auction (“Unsold Property”), will be retained by WASSAR.
9. The laws of the state of Washington shall govern the rights and obligations of all parties. WASSAR is fully licensed in the State of Washington to participate in online auctions. All other claims arising out of or relating to this online auction shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to conflict of law principles. Jurisdiction and venue for any and all such claims shall be exclusively in King County, Washington.
10. By accessing or using this online auction, you agree not to do any of the following in connection with your use of this online auction:
- Breach these Terms and Conditions;
- Use this online auction in an unlawful or fraudulent manner or for such purposes, to collect personally identifiable information, to provide false information, or to impersonate other users;
- Modify our copyright/trademark or other proprietary rights notices, or interfere with the security-related features of this online auction;
- Post any material that infringes upon any third party's copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property, personal or proprietary right;
- Harass, offend, threaten, embarrass, distress or invade the privacy of any individual or entity;
- Post or transmit information or content that is false, hateful, abusive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, harmful to minors, discriminatory, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate, offensive, illegal, improper or disorderly, or contains or constitutes excessive messages or information;
- Post or transmit any unauthorized commercial, advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, “spam” or mass distributions;
- Upload viruses or other malicious code;
- Use any scripts, crawlers, bots, or other automated means to access this online auction for any purpose without the express written permission of WASSAR, or use software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from this online auction;
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or that may interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this online auction; or
- Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us.
11. WASSAR reserves the right to set and enforce limits on the amount of data and other content that may be accessed by users of this online auction. WASSAR may change, limit, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of this online auction at any time without prior notice, including the availability of any feature, account, database or content. By using this online auction, all users represent and agree that they are using this online auction solely for their personal, non-commercial use.
12. This online auction and all content, including, without limitation, design, text, graphics, pictures, videos, logo, data, pricing, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Site Materials”) are the sole proprietary property of WASSAR and are protected by copyright, patent and trademark laws. These Site Materials may not be used by anyone without WASSAR’s express, written permission.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
WASSAR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITEMS OFFERED FOR AUCTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WASSAR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR FINAL BID ESTABLISHING THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PURCHASE. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE MAKING USE OF THIS ONLINE AUCTION AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT THEY ARE BEING PROVIDED TO YOU BY WASSAR ON AN “AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS ACCEPTED” BASIS. WASSAR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS ONLINE AUCTION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WASSAR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, WASSAR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THIS ONLINE AUCTION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE, OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN ADDITION, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WASSAR NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES NOR THEIR RELATED COMPANIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR:
(i) ANY DAMAGES (UNDER ANY THEORY) RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM (a) YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS ONLINE AUCTION, (b) DELAYS OR DISRUPTIONS IN THIS ONLINE AUCTION, (c) ERRORS OR INACCURACIES OF ANY KIND IN THIS ONLINE AUCTION, (d) VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS SOFTWARE OBTAINED BY ACCESSING OR LINKING TO THIS ONLINE AUCTION OR SERVICES, OR (e) ANY SUSPENSION OR OTHER ACTION TAKEN WITH RESPECT TO YOUR ACCOUNT BY WASSAR; NOR FOR
(ii) INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS ONLINE AUCTION.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
15. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WASSAR and its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, distribution partners, subsidiaries and their related companies from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including interest, penalties, and attorney fees and amounts paid in investigation, defending or settling any of the foregoing) arising out of or related to: (i) your access to or use or misuse of this online auction; (ii) your User Content; (iii) any actual or alleged violation or breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or of any representation, warranty or covenant that you have made to WASSAR; (iv) your violation of any law or laws; (v) your negligent or willful misconduct; or (vii) your violation of the rights of any third party. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder.
16. Dispute Resolution.
You and WASSAR each agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise between us relating in any way to these Terms and Conditions, any prior version of these Terms and Conditions, or your use of or access to this online auction, will be resolved in accordance with the provisions of this Dispute Resolution section. Please read this section carefully as it affects your rights.
You and WASSAR agree to first contact each other with regard to any claim or dispute, and to provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. WASSAR will contact users of this online auction based on the contact information provided to us. Notice to WASSAR must be delivered to: Anthony Abbott, President, WASSAR, 2921 West Bertona Street, Seattle, Washington 98199-2746; with a copy delivered to: LUCAS & LUCAS, P.S., c/o Gregory D. Lucas, Esq., 919 124th Avenue NE, #101, Bellevue, Washington 98005.
IF AFTER 30 DAYS THE PARTIES ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE RAISED UNDER THE PREVIOUS PROVISION, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE DISPUTE SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE CIVIL RULES OF THE WASHINGTON STATE SUPERIOR COURT, AND THE LOCAL RULES OF THE KING COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT. The parties understand that they would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide their case, but they choose to have any disputes resolved through binding arbitration.
You and WASSAR each agree that any claim or dispute between us, and any claim by either of us against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, third parties who are not parties to these Terms and Conditions, whether related to these Terms and Conditions or otherwise, including past, present, and future claims and disputes, and including any dispute as to the validity or applicability of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the King County Superior Court under its rules and procedures in effect, as modified by these Terms and Conditions (as permitted under such rules and procedures). The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Further, each party agrees that any arbitration will be solely between WASSAR and the user of the WASSAR, not as part of a classwide claim (i.e., not brought on behalf of or together with another individual's claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate shall not apply and the classwide dispute must be brought in King County Superior Court for the State of Washington.
Users of this online auction agree that WASSAR may provide Additional Terms at any time. To the extent any Additional Terms conflict with these Terms and Conditions, the Additional Terms will control.
General Auction Information
- The time on this server will be used to determine the start and end times of the auction. This time may be off from your local time. Refer to the approximate time in the right hand side of this page.
- When the auction closes, all bidders will receive an e-mail regarding the status of the items they have bid on.
- The highest bid placed on an item, by auction close, is the winner. There can only be one winner per auction item. The auction administrator (group hosting the auction) agrees to sell the item to the highest bidder.
- You must register an account in order to place bids. Click Register on the upper right hand side of this page in the login area. Once you have registered, a confirmation/activation will be emailed to you. You must click on the link in the email message to complete the registration process. If you haven't received your confirmation email, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folder as it may have gone there. You can also re-request the confirmation email. The link for resending the activation code can be found in the login area.
NOTE: eFlea provides a service that facilitates silent auctions for charities & groups/fundraisers. The items up for bids in this auction are listed by the group raising the funds. eFlea is not responsible for the accuracy of the item listings. Please verify item details with the auction administrator(s) prior to placing any bid(s). While eFlea tries to verify the auction administrator(s) and charity/group, we cannot guarantee their validity. Please be cautious and participate only in auctions where you are familiar with the groups and/or administrators.
— ADVERTISEMENT —